Georges Park (Friends of)
The Friends of Georges Park was formed in January 2021 to promote, protect and preserve Georges Park and enhance local community engagement into green spaces. It is located in the heart of the Lozells area of Birmingham and is part of an environmentally charged super diverse community.
The group lobby’s for investment which can improve the park’s safety, cleanliness, access and also ensure the conservation, protection, heritage and biodiversity as a legacy for local people.
Friends of Georges Park is a welcoming, non-political, multi-faith group open to all with an interest in Georges Park and the broader Lozells area.
The Friends of Georges Park activities include:
- A Daily Mile walking route and regular facilitated health walks with trained walk leaders
- Learn to ride session with Bikeability
- Regular litter picks (to supplement the weekly one paid for by council tax)
- A skate park and regular skating events
- Cultural & Community Events
- Access to sports, games and well-being activities
- Woodlands & conservation activities
- Kid’s holiday activities