Rubery Station (Friends of)
On the boundary of Rubery and Frankley is a local nature reserve and public walkway which follows the line of the former Halesowen railway. The railway, which was opened in 1883, connected Northfield with Halesowen until its closure in 1964. There was an intermediate station located at Rubery which although closed to passengers in 1919 nevertheless survived for the handling of coal and other goods through to the line’s closure. The site of the former station at Rubery has long become overgrown and returned back to nature.
The Friends of Rubery Station aim to protect, preserve and interpret the remains of Rubery station and to maintain the station area in a way which complements the adjacent walkway along the line of the former railway and to provide a point of interest in the context of the wider green reserve.
Contact the Friends of Rubery Station: [email protected]