Queens Park (Friends of)
Queen’s Park was officially opened in 1898 to celebrate the diamond jubilee of Queen Victoria’s reign (the previous year). Elegantly laid out, it occupies a 10-acre site in Harborne, a focal site in a residential area. The Park has seen many local changes over its lifetime, as farm land was gradually taken over by new housing developments in the 1930s and beyond, alongside the existing Victorian homes. Queen’s Park continues to serve the local community, with an enclosed playground for younger children, basketball and tennis courts and picnic areas. A recent development was the addition of a flood basin which provides the park with a wetland habitat.
Main entrance: Court Oak Road, B17 9AH