Garden Party at Handsworth Park Sunday 30th July
Come and join the Friends of Handsworth Park for their first Garden Party on Sunday 30th July, from 12.00 to 3.00pm
It will be a day of family fun as they celebrate a year of activities and successes.
You will be able to:
- Welcome to the Opening of our Community Garden which will be a sensory garden and activity space for all the residents of Handsworth to enjoy.
- Join us on a bear hunt as we run a token and questions trail around the park. You will be challenged to spot bears hiding in trees, plants and unusual places and answer the questions they hold.
- Celebrate the launch of our Big Sleuth Bear designed by Goosensei , which now lives in our community garden.
Take part in fun-day activities organised by NCS the Challenge
- PLANT SWAP: Bring your unwanted plants and shrubs to swap with your neighbours at our plant-swap table. A great opportunity to meet neighbours and share your gardening tips.
- Bring your own picnic ( we provide the blankets!)
They will be on site all day so please don’t hesitate to come and chat with them and see what they have got planned for the coming months at the Community Garden and the Park.
Posted on 25th July 2017