Community Sport Activation Fund
Sport England has announced that its Community Sport Activation Fund grant scheme will re-open for applications in May 2014.
Grants of between £50,000 and £250,000 will be available to sports clubs, schools, local authorities and other not for profit organisations to support grassroots sports at a very local level. It will invest in what works best in your area, based on local need and evidence.
Activities that can be funded include:
- Informal opportunities which could lead to regular participation
- Multi-sport activities which provide people with a range of choices and opportunities
- Family orientated activities with a focus on 14 plus age group; etc.
Previous projects supported through the fund include:
- Activate North Tyneside, which received a grant of £153,212 to get more residents aged 14 and over to take part in sport and physical activity.
- Activ8te ME (Rochdale) which received a grant of £204,681 to run a three year projects that aims to get 25,000 people more active by offering a range of sports programmes.
The closing date for applications will be in June 2014.
Click here for more information.
Posted on 3rd March 2014