Walk Leader Training 21 October
Train to become a Walk Leader on Tuesday 21 October from 10.00am – 3.00pm at Aston Pavilion, which is in the lovely grounds of Aston Hall.
The training will include:
- Walking health walk routes beforehand (“recce-ing”) to make sure you know them.
- Welcoming walkers to the walks, particularly new walkers.
- Giving a brief talk before the walk to make sure everyone is prepared.
- Making sure paperwork like registration forms and registers are completed.
- Leading and managing walks, usually jointly with other walk leaders (including “back marking or “middle marking” as well as leading at the front).
- Making sure walks are welcoming, friendly, enjoyable and safe.
- Trouble shooting and dealing with problems on walks.
- Providing information about other walks offered by the scheme and basic information about how to keep active.
- Attending occasional walk leaders’ meetings and refresher training.
Directions: Turn into the driveway of Aston Hall, follow it to the top and then follow the road to your left – the pavilion will be on the left – postcode B6 6JD.
Drinks will be provided, but bring your own lunch!
For more information please contact Gaynor Roberts at the Sport & Healthy Lifestyles Team, email: [email protected] Tel: 0121 303 0067
Posted on 6th October 2014