• Trees for Communities

    The Tree Council, the lead tree campaigning charity working to promote the importance of trees within the changing environment, has announced that its Trees for Communities grant making programme is now open for applications.
    The Tree Council will fund up to 4 fruit trees (but no more than that) on semi-vigorous, vigorous and very vigorous rootstocks. If you wish to plant more than 4 fruit trees, please look at the information about the Orchard Windfalls Fund.  Funds are available for community groups within the UK who are able to show that children under the age of 16 will be actively engaged in tree planting projects during National Tree Week 2015 (28th November to 6th December 2015).
    The Tree Council can fund projects between £100 and £700 and successful applicants will receive up to 75% towards their planting costs. For example, if your project totals £700, The Tree Council would offer up to £525. The remaining 25% will need to be secured by the applicant organisation.
    The closing date for applications is the 31st March 2015.
    Click here for more information.

    Posted on 18th February 2015