The Birmingham Honey Show at Martineau Gardens 14th & 15th September
On Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th September, at Martineau Gardens, from 10am – 4pm
Organised by Birmingham and District Bee Keepers Association
Back for a third year, the Birmingham Honey Show is a chance to find out all about the fascinating craft of beekeeping. You’ll be able to
- talk to local beekeepers,
- meet a queen,
- learn about the different types of bees,
- talk to beekeepers,
- think about becoming a beekeeper,
- view observation hives,
- make candles from beeswax
- buy locally produced honey direct from the beekeepers all in the settings of a beautiful organic community garden.
There will be plant sales and refreshments available. There are demonstration vegetable beds, an orchard, an earth oven, woodland, formal gardens, ponds, a hot house, a wildflower meadow and more. Children’s activities include candlemaking plus the ‘Shipwreck’ children’s play area.
Martineau Gardens, 27 Priory Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B5 7UG.
Information: 0121 440 7430
Posted on 20th August 2013