Learn how to use Scheduled Posts on Social Media
A recent study by Statista showed that “The United Kingdom (UK) was home to 45 million active social media users in 2019; 39 million of those were active mobile social media users. That translates to a social media penetration rate of 67 percent of the population of the UK, and 58 percent with regard to mobile social media use.”
Social media is an extremely useful tool for many reasons, here are some of the main ways BOSF parks and open spaces volunteers could use social media to benefit their Friends Group:
- Help to promote events and activities being hosted by your Friends Group.
- Share key information about your upcoming events and activities such as time, date, location, is there parking available nearby, is it a free event or is booking is required, contact information, whether there will be refreshments available, if equipment is required or it will be provided and if the event is family friendly, etc.
- Share photos and videos taken at your events and activities to help engage with people that attended, but also to help raise awareness about how great your event or activity was, which will encourage more people to attend in the future.
- Connect with more members of your community and other Friend Groups and organisations.
- Encourage discussion and idea sharing, make future plans and what comment on what could improved or if any additional resources are required for future plans
- Online resource for discovering Funding Pots, training courses, etc.
- Raise the online presence of your Friends Group and to promote it so that more people can get involved and volunteer.
- And there are even more…
As we all know, spending time on social media most likely means time not spent taking part in outdoors activities and helping in your local park and/or open space. However, by using social media scheduling, we can organise our time to post on social media in advanced. Doing this will save you time and it is possible to schedule multiple posts and set them to go online a specific times of day that are know most people are online,
So, what is social media scheduling? Well, social media scheduling is the act of scheduling your posts to be posted at a particular time or date on your specified social media account’s; whether that be Facebook, Twitter and Instgram.
Scheduling Posts on Facebook
- Go to your Page.
- Click Publishing Tools at the top. If you don’t see Publishing Tools, click More.
- Click + Create in the top right.
- Write your post.
- Click Share now next to Boost Post.
- Select Schedule.
- Below Publication, select the date and time when you want the post to publish.
- Click Schedule.
- Click Publishing Tools at the top of your Page.
- Click Scheduled Posts in the left column.
- Click the post you want to edit.
- Click Edit to edit the post, or click to choose to publish, reschedule or delete it.
Scheduling Posts on Twitter
Scheduling Posts on Instagram
It is not possible to schedule posts on Instagram, unless you have a Business Account. However, it is possible to schedule posts on Instagram using a normal user account with a free mobile phone application called Later.
Posted on 18th January 2020