Postcode Community Trust Grants Programme
The Postcode Community Trust’s Community Grants Programme has re-opened for applications.
The Postcode Community Trust supports marginalised groups in obtaining the skills & resources to effect change in their own communities. Some groups may not be able to participate fully in activities within their community because of isolation, disability or age. The fund aims to help them overcome these barriers in creative and sustainable communities by improving social cohesion, economic infrastructure and provide or improve community-based facilities. Grants of up to £20,000 (£10,000 in Wales) to registered charities for projects that advance community development and promote social inclusion. Constituted not for profit organisations that are not registered as charities can apply for grants of up to £2,000.
The type of activities that could be funded include:
- Exercise programmes for older people
- Special programmes for disabled children and their families
- Programmes that provide respite/additional care for parents of disabled children
- Sporting projects that involve disabled people
- The purchase of mini-buses to enable disabled or the elderly to take part more fully in community activities; etc.
The closing date for applications is the 31st May 2016.
Please click here for more information.
Posted on 17th May 2016