National Meadows Day 2017
National Meadows Day is a growing event which celebrates wildflower grasslands, providing an opportunity for you to showcase the amazing wildflowers and species you have on your sites and in your communities.
Feedback from last year showed that many people attending events were surprised by the diversity of the flora and sheer number of insects and reptiles found in the meadows they visited. This really reinforced the importance of meadow preservation, and of the role of the National Meadows Day events in educating the public about this important habitat that is fast disappearing.
The date for 2017 is Saturday 1st July
All you need to do is plan a fun activity/event for that day and brand it as “National Meadows Day” and let them know so that they can promote it on their website.
What you would need to do:
- Organise your event. There are some really good tips on how to run an event at this link
- Promote your event locally
- Use press release template sent from Magnificent Meadows
- Use #NationalMeadowsDay for twitter
- Fill out a brief evaluation form for us at the end of the event so that we can see how many people attended and see if there is anything we can improve for next year
Plantlife will carry out the following:
- Enter all your events up on the Magnificent Meadows “what on” section
- Cover the national media work with a national press release and features for long lead publications.
- Promote National Meadows Day in our Plantlife Magazine
- Run a social media campaign primarily through the Magnificent Meadows Facebook page
- Provide you with a pack for your stand
- Send you a brief evaluation form to fill out at the end of the event.
For more information about National Meadows Day or Save Our Magnificent Meadows please contact Fiona Perez at Plantlife at [email protected] or 01722 342730
Photo by Eleanor Reast, Save Our Magnificent Meadows
Posted on 16th February 2017