Making Birmingham Greener and Healthier Awards 2017
There’s still time for your school, group or organisation to enter the Making Birmingham Greener & Healthier Awards 2017. Birmingham City Council, in partnership with environmental company Veolia, are looking for Birmingham’s next “green” champions.
Entries are welcome from businesses, community groups and education establishments in all, or a selection, of the following five categories:
- Best Energy Efficiency Scheme – will recognise efforts made to reduce energy consumption and install renewables
- Best Waste & Recycling Scheme – will recognise efforts made to reduce, reuse and recycle waste
- Best Greener & Healthier Lifestyles (Food) Scheme – will recognise efforts made to increase food skills, food access, awareness of healthy eating, food sustainability and
- Birmingham Connected Sustainable Travel Award – will recognise efforts made to achieve a shift towards sustainable travel
- Best Naturally Green (Biophilic) Scheme – will recognise efforts made to make space for nature, protect wildlife and connect people with the natural environment
The 15 winners (and runners-up) and one overall winner, who is judged to have fully embraced the ethos of the awards, will be announced during a ceremony in the Banqueting Suite at the Council House on the afternoon of Tuesday 18 July hosted by BBC WM presenter Jenny Wilkes.
Application forms, criteria and more information about the categories can be downloaded by clicking here. from:
The closing date for entries is: Wednesday 31 May
Completed application forms can be sent to email: [email protected] (10Mb limit per email) or to postal address:
Barbara Street, 1 Lancaster Circus, PO Box 14439, Birmingham. B2 2JE
Posted on 10th May 2017