Keep Active To Beat The January Blues
The Tesco National Charity Partnership is calling on people to be active to beat the January Blues by using its online motivational tool to get active.
The partnership commissioned a survey which found:
- eighty-two percent of UK adults report feeling down in January, with many attributing these feelings to dark nights, lack of money and cold weather
- three in ten say going for a walk or a jog helps improve their mood, but only 14 per cent actually do it
- nearly two-thirds of respondents (64 per cent) said they would like to find more time to exercise
- nine in ten people agree that being active can help to reduce their risk of type 2 diabetes and heart and circulatory disease, but almost half (46 per cent) admit they lacked motivation.
- adults reported spending an average of 88 minutes a week on moderate exercise such as walking or cycling.
Click here to find out more.
Posted on 26th January 2017