Job Opportunity at Community Environmental Trust
Level 3 Forest School Practitioner
LOCATION: North Birmingham, England
TYPE: Maternity Cover; Mid October 2014 – Mid August 2015
STATUS: 20 hours a week (afternoons only) / £17,000 per annum (pro rata)
COMPANY: Community Environmental Trust, 1 Whittle Croft, Castle Vale, Birmingham B35 6DN
CONTACT: Alicia Grande, 0121 747 3579 or [email protected]
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Community Environmental Trust (CET) is looking for a qualified Level 3 Forest School practitioner with previous practical experience to plan and deliver a Forest School programme to primary aged children, some with Special Educational Needs (SEN). The successful candidate must be a self-motivated person who has a love for working in the outdoors and is capable of inspiring and motivating children and teachers towards promoting and using the outdoor environment as a positive and innovative learning tool. Appropriate pre-employment checks will be undertaken and the position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- To plan and deliver Forest School sessions (approx. 2 hours) to primary aged children from local schools at a managed site and/or within the school grounds.
- To develop and maintain good relationships with the children, teaching staff, parents/carers and other organisations/partners the CET liaises with.
- To ensure that the Forest School site is managed in accordance to the CET’s and Birmingham City Council guidelines.
- To identify and maintain equipment and resources for the sessions.
- To support the development of additional projects such as holiday play-schemes.
- Level 3 Forest School qualification, included Outdoor First Aid Certificate.
- Have knowledge, understanding and experience of the practicality of running a day to day Forest School programme, implementing the Forest School ethos and relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Have effective communication skills, both written and orally and be able to apply them across a broad spectrum of people and situations.
- Ensure equality and diversity throughout all of the sessions you plan and deliver, and how you present yourself towards colleagues, children, teaching staff and other organisations/partners the CET liaises with.
- Application of risk assessment and health and safety procedures.
- Competent to introduce relevant skills, knowledge and resources based on the children’s interests and needs.
- Need to demonstrate effective time and resource management whilst retaining flexibility to reflect the unpredictability of the work e.g. weather.
- Current Enhanced DBS certificate.
- Holds a full driving license with the addition of a minibus license.
Should you require any further information regarding the role, please contact Alicia Grande, Project Manager at [email protected] or 0121 747 3579
To apply for this position please email Alicia at [email protected] with your current CV, a covering letter and a 500 words statement explaining why you believe you should be considered for the Forest School Practitioner position.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 9th October
Interviews: Thursday 16th October (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
Starting date: Monday 27th October.
Posted on 3rd October 2014