Food Growing Courses at Northfield Ecocentre
At the Northfield Ecocentre we are preparing both of our gardens for planting. We have pots in the greenhouses with little green shoots already.
We have big plans for Masefield Community Garden this year which will include adding a class room, compost toilet and fruit tree nursery. Our fabulous team of volunteers are there every Wednesday 10am to 2pm. The garden is open at that time for anyone to visit and look around, or take a book to enjoy the warm weather that is coming!
As part of our initiative to create an Incredible Edible Northfield we are running a range of courses this spring to help you get started growing your own food, or develop your skills.
The courses we have on offer at the moment include:
- Constructing Raised Beds, 8th March, 2pm – 4pm. £10.
- Container Gardening Course, 15th March, 2pm – 4pm. £10.
- Composting Course, 1st March, 2pm – 4pm, £10.
- Fruit Tree Grafting, 1st, 8th, 15th March, 10am – 12noon. £15 & take home your own grafted fruit tree.
- Building an Earth Oven, 3rd & 4th May, 10am – 4pm. £40.
- Beginners Gardening Six Week Course, starting in March on Tuesday evenings.
If you would like the full course details or want to book on please contact Jackie Green on 0121 448 0119 or email [email protected]
Posted on 21st February 2014