Equipment Grants for Mentally and Physically Disadvantaged Children
Schools and not for profit organisations have the opportunity to apply for funding through the Wooden Spoon Society’s Capital Grants programme.
Wooden Spoon the British and Irish Rugby charity which supports mentally, physically disadvantaged children. Through the programme funding is available for:
- Buildings and extensions
- Equipment & activity aids
- Sensory rooms and gardens
- Playgrounds and sports areas
- Soft playrooms.
Since being founded in 1983, Wooden Spoon has made grants of over £20 million to more than 500 projects in the British Isles.
Projects funded in the past have included:
- Ashmount School in Leicestershire, which received a grant of £13,500 towards a sensory room.
- Enfield Heights Academy in London which received a grant of £23,000 to improve its play areas
- The Colehill &Wimborne Youth & Community Centre which received a grant of £8,000 towards a wheelchair lift.
Applications can be made at any time and applicants should contact their regional volunteer group. Subject to an application being approved by Wooden Spoon Trustees, the Society require a minimum of one Wooden Spoon membership to be taken out by a representative of the applicant organisation.
Click here to visit their website.
Posted on 13th November 2017