The Community Cashback Initiative
The National Federation of Tenant Management Organisations has announced that grants of up to £3,000 and technical support is available to tenants and landlords who are interested in working together to develop a Community Cashback agreement.
The Community Cashback initiative gives support for tenant groups who want to help improve their area by being paid for managing local services that the landlord would usually buy in. This could include:
- Cutting grass
- Cleaning and looking after shared spaces
- Repairs of empty properties, etc.
By providing the service cheaper, any savings made by the landlord are kept by the tenants to spend on local improvements or community benefits. The Starter grants can be used to pay for essential items to get the Community Cashback scheme set up. This may include:
- Advice for the group
- Training on things like managing money and contracts
- Set-up costs for the tenant group in order to run the agreement
- Visits to other groups and projects
- Equipment and materials for the tenant group.
Applications can be submitted at any time.
Click here for more information.
Posted on 19th December 2013