Behind the Scenes at Wisley on Tuesday 17th July 2018
Don your hard hat and join the Botanic Gardens Education Network on Tuesday 17th July for an inspiring day at RHS Garden Wisley, a unique opportunity to see behind the scenes of this landmark project, guided by the Wisley team.
Providing exclusive access to the new buildings for the first time, the team will update you on the developments taking place to promote excellence in science and education.
Having successfully passed Stage 1 of the Heritage Lottery bid, the RHS team will show you how they have turned the challenges of change into a positive experience during this Key Investments Programme (KIP). We will look closer at the ingenious ways they have used the project as an opportunity to engage with visitors, communities, new volunteers and secondary schools.
There will also be time at the end of the day for you to explore the rest of the amazing garden and to spend time networking with colleagues.
- Hard Hat Tour of site and building works linking to KIPS: Andy Jasper, RHS Programme Director, SIPS
- Working with the Community: Kate Orchard, Senior Community Outreach Officer
- Developing Volunteering and Secondary School Audiences: Alexis Pym, Education and Learning Manager RHS Wisley and Elwyn Owen, Visitor Services Manager, RHS
- Wisley (including workshops and resources and how to adapt for these audiences)
- Opportunity to explore gardens and networking
£60 bgen members, £90 non-members (includes 1 year free bgen membership), £30 concessions includes all refreshments, lunch and handouts.
For full programme and to book your place, visit the bgen website or email the bgen Coordinator for further information [email protected]
Posted on 11th June 2018