BBC Children in Need Small Grants Programme
The next deadline for applications to the BBC Children in Need Small Grants programme is the 1st April 2014.
Through the Small Grants programme, funding up to £10,000 is available for projects that combat disadvantage and improve children and young people’s lives. In particular, grants are available for projects that help:
- Children and young people experiencing illness, distress, abuse or neglect
- Any kind of disability
- Behavioural or psychological difficulties
- And / or living in situations of deprivation.
Applications for funding are accepted from not for profit organisations such as registered charities; voluntary organisations; schools; churches; and community interest groups.
Previous projects supported include:
- Basingstoke Mencap which received a grant of £8,442 to provide a Transitions youth club for young people aged 16-18 years with learning disabilities. The aim of the project is to help Young people develop improved confidence & self-esteem and increased independence and social inclusion.
- Kingsway Residents Association in Teignmouth who received a grant of £9,862 to provide an after schools club for children aged 5-11 years. They hope to have fun, increase confidence and improve peer relationships through play and activities such as cooking, art projects and physical activities.
Click here for more information.
Posted on 3rd March 2014