Acocks Green Youth Project – Summer 2019
Take a look at the video below recapping on the achievements from their 2019 summer programme:
Kynton Swingle from the AG Youth project comments:
– Provided over 1150 free meals to children and young people who were in receipt of free school meals who may go without with schools being closed.
– Provided 119 hours of activity across 4 weeks to support young people with opportunities to connect with others in safe spaces,
– Supported young people to collectively provide over 700 hours of volunteering across green spaces, supporting child care, working with elderly residents and getting involved in cooking projects.
– Engaged 216 individuals across 32 projects, with 91% of those young people attending 2 or more sessions across the summer.
– We provided 18 healthy eating workshops alongside our provision and each session contained a minimum of 60 minutes physical activity.
“In pure numbers we’re extremely happy with how the summer went, however it’s very much a small snippet of all we did. In addition we’ve started a community street art project that should be finished in the next few weeks and should be unveiled soon. We ran some informal recycled arts workshops alongside Birmingham Open Spaces Forum (you can see examples of the plastic bottle flowers on the video) and some impromptu litter picks with Friends of Fox Hollies Park whilst doing our parks programme. We’ve also supported two young people in taking their first steps into employment off the back of volunteering with us.”
Posted on 12th September 2019