Birmingham Botanical Gardens
Birmingham Botanical Gardens is a 15 acre botanical gardens and educational charity situated in the heart of Edgbaston, Birmingham.
The gardens were designed in 1829 by J. C. Loudon, a leading garden planner, horticultural journalist and publisher and opened to the public on 11 June 1832.
The layout of the Botanical Gardens has changed very little since Loudon first designed it. There are four glasshouses which range from the exotic Tropical glasshouse, through to the Subtropical, Mediterranean and Arid houses. A large lawn is located in front of the glasshouses with a range of beds and shrubberies around its perimeter.