15 city parks and open spaces in Birmingham retained their Green Flag Award status 2021
Congratulations to the fifteen city parks and open spaces in Birmingham that retained their Green Flag Award status in 2021!
The Green Flag Award scheme recognises and rewards well managed parks and green spaces, setting the benchmark standard for the management of recreational outdoor spaces across the United Kingdom and around the world.
The Green Flag Award’s purpose and aims:
- To ensure that everybody has access to quality green and other open spaces, irrespective of where they live.
- To ensure that these spaces are appropriately managed and meet the needs of the communities that they serve.
- To establish standards of good management.
- To promote and share good practice amongst the green space sector.
- To recognise and reward the hard work of managers, staff and volunteers.
The full list of Birmingham sites to win a Green Flag in 2021:
A special mention especially to all the Friends Group volunteers and the Birmingham City Council Parks staff for their amazing work!
For more details visit the Birmingham City Council website, here.
Posted on 15th October 2021