“This Girl Can” will be supporting the International Women’s Event again this year.
The aim of this campaign is that Birmingham Wellbeing This Girl Can activities will bring together women of all shapes, sizes, ages and abilities and encourage them to get active by using the messages ‘people like you’ and ‘whatever you do and how ever you do it – This Girl Can’.
This is being promoted in Birmingham under the heading of #UsBrumGirlsWill – encouraging as many women as possible to pledge to join in and get more active.
The launch programme runs from 9.30am to 7pm on Wednesday 8th March to link in with International Women’s Day and has something for everyone with activities for a range of ages and abilities. For more information please click here
Wednesday 8th March (launch event – International Women’s Day):
- Badminton at Saltley WBC (10am -12.00)
- Tea Dance/Afternoon Tea at Shard End WBC (11am – 2.30pm)
- Zumba/Dance and refreshments at Holloway Hall (1pm – 3pm)
- Outdoor Swim at Salford Park (5pm)
- Swing Fit outside Cadbury Club, Bournville (6pm – 7pm)
There is also an International Women’s Day 5K Run on Sunday 12th March at Cannon Hill Park.
Sunday 12th March – 5K Run in Cannon Hill Park
This post was written by BOSF