Registered charities that want to run summer play schemes for children between the ages of 5 and 16 can apply for grants of between £500 and £1,000.
The funding is made available by the Woodward Charitable Trust which supports about 35 playschemes each year that run for a minimum of 2 weeks or 10 days across the summer holidays. Preference is given to:
- Small local playschemes that provide a wide-ranging programme of activities
- Schemes that involve a large number of children
- Schemes catering for those from disadvantaged backgrounds or that have a disability
- Schemes that are inclusive such as projects that work with children from a range of backgrounds, abilities and races
- Schemes where past users are encouraged to come back and help as volunteers.
Grants can only be paid to registered charities. Organisations that are not a registered charity can still apply but need the agreement of a registered charity to accept the grant on their behalf.
The deadline for receipt of applications for the Summer Play schemes is the 7th April 2017.
Click here to find out more.
This post was written by BOSF