Biffa Award gives funding for developing a wildlife habitat.
- The project site is within 15 miles of a significant Biffa operation. Check your project’s postcode using the Postcode Checker below
- The project site is also within 10 miles of any licensed landfill site (To find your nearest landfill site, telephone the regulator Entrust on 01926 488300)
- If you’re not the landowner, you will need to have a signed landowner agreement in place agreeing to access for maintenance, surveying and monitoring for a period of not
- less than 8 years from completion of the project
- The total cost of the project is less than £200,000 including VAT
- The majority of costs should be direct capital delivery work
- Staff costs must not exceed 7.5% of the deliverable capital elements
- The project has specific targets in relation to a Biodiversity Action Plan and will deliver a direct improvement to habitats and/ or species. Research will not be funded
- Your organisation has the support of key agencies, and has relevant experienced partners involved in the project’s delivery
- There is a strong element of public access or inclusion, such as volunteer involvement
Click here to find out more and check that your site is eligible.
This post was written by BOSF